Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fishing Facebook for Femme Fatale Fangirls

I have to admit it, I'm a sucker for cosplay girls. If I see a pretty girl in a nice dress, yes, that's nice. But if I see a pretty girl dressed like SUPERWOMAN, that's when I get those shivers down my spine. (For some reason, goth girls have the same effect on me, but that's not the point...)

So lately there's this crazy trend for people to create "Cosplay" accounts on Facebook. Have you seen this? They use their fan name and add Cosplay as the last name. Like, I don't know... "Sparkly Twinkletoes Cosplay." I guess when cosplay is that important, you need an entire second account to manage all of it! (Should cosplay be that important? Don't ask me: see your therapist.)

So, I just have to say, It's totally not my fault that Facebook keeps suggesting all of these cute cosplay girls as my friends. I mean, Facebook must know something. How can I go against the will of the almighty Zuckerberg? So, I send them a request with a nice message. These are the usual results:

1) They ignore it

2) They add me because they are collecting cute fanboys

3) They add me and never, ever talk to me

4) They ignore it

Last night a Batman fangirl added me. I posted something on her wall and got an immediate post back on my wall. I must share this with you.


Now, I like sassy girls. But I have to wonder if all the attention she gets goes to her head? Hey, at least she added me to her fanboy collection! (Should I be disappointed that she said "your" instead of "you're"?) Little does she know I'm about to be a famous movie star when Broken Spirits comes out this winter! Ha! (Ok, that was a little sad.)

Speaking of sad, I'm still quite morose that that blonde Supergirl cosplayer in Florida never added me. Oh well. Maybe next time.

So, what do you think? Will I actually be able to meet a wonderful, single fan girl on Facebook? Or should I just give up on this idea and try other things that also are failing miserably for me? Let me know, my two blog subscribers. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment