Saturday, July 7, 2012

All children, except one, grow up.

I'm not sure I understand what is happening to me. I think it started back when I watched the Avengers.

As you probably know, Avengers was kind of a good movie. Anyway, I realized something that I had actually already realized a long time ago but then, realized again. What did I realize that I already had realized, you ask? It is this: we can never be superheroes.

It just wouldn't work. I mean, if you sit and think about the logistics of it... transportation, secret identity, trying to have a life, etc. it just doesn't work. Which is pretty sad.

So, I thought, "If I can't be a super hero, what can I be?" I still want to be extraordinary. I took a desktop picture of Captain America's uniform and shield in a locker (from the film) and added a caption underneath saying, "Do you want to be extraordinary?" Every day I wake up, look at it, and think, YES.

It made me think, also, about the kind of woman I want to be with. There are so many of the geek/nerd girl types that live their lives around fandom. They live for conventions, costumes, shows, games... all good stuff, but what else are you doing with your life? I want someone to share the dream with me of doing amazing things, or hell, at least trying to.  I know that not all the fangirls are just into fandom. But it got me thinking, maybe I'd rather be with a girl who just kind of likes this stuff. A girl (or dare I say, woman) who wants to make a difference in people's lives while she is here on earth.

Peter Pan as a Zombie. Because Google.
So maybe I'm turning into some kind of grown up. Does that mean I'll be no fun? Man, I still love to have fun so that's a scary idea. I think I'll still have fun... but maybe more along the way.

It's hard to imagine being with someone who doesn't get all my obscure references to Firefly and Ghostbusters and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... oh wait, no one gets all of those. Nevermind. But something is changing. Like this blog. It used to be funny. Remember?


3 comments:

  1. Just because you're growing up doesn't mean you can't have fun in life. Young at heart, right? I know tons of people that love Ghostbusters and Firefly and Doctor Who and Captain America and they aren't the youngest. Tons of them are super successful. Look at George Lucas. He did Star Wars, is super successful and a kid at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more that I'm a little scared because I don't know who I'm becoming... who will I be?

      Delete
  2. 1. I think your already extraordinary. I think alot of people do.

    2. Don't be afraid of who you will become. Be afraid of never changing.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete